You have just started your first website, and all you need are results on the ranking tracker that show you are ranking top on Google and other search engines.
Well, but before we even proceed, you need to realize that SEO is not magic. There is no easy way to rank your website and get the best results on your cheap ranking tracker. You have to work. I repeat you have to work!
Google, Yahoo, and Bing make use of a complex algorithm to index site; hence you should know from the outset that it will take you a lot of time, resources, and effort to ‘persuade’ these search engines that your site deserves a top spot in their search results.
You might be following all SEO rules that you have read in different blogs and sites, and you seem not to be getting the results you desire in the search ranking tracker you acquired from Serpbook a few weeks ago. Don’t worry! As long as you are doing the right thing, all you need is a little bit of patience, and sooner or later, you will be immersed in the sea of success, and you might be the whale that will swallow even the most reputable brands!
As a beginner in SEO, you might face many challenges that might discourage you. Some are too immense that they might make you feel like exiting the market. But don’t lose hope yet! Some of us have been through worse scenarios.
I remember when I started my first website, I followed every tip I could find and even invested in celebrated SEO tools, but even the best ranking tracker I had still showed my site was not close to the first page a few months later. This discouraged me, but I kept pushing on! If I lost hope and ventured into something less stressful such as athletics, no one could be telling you about SEO today!
You might be thinking that I am trying to instill fear in you, but it is the truth, getting metrics on your cheap ranking tracker that show you have succeeded in your SEO strategy is not easy!
But I have the tips!
As a beginner, you don’t need to dig deep into advanced SEO techniques to get the results you need in the best ranking tracker. No! No below, I present to you some simple tips that will doubtlessly help you record high rankings. These are strategies I have tested over the years, and they have yielded fantastic results on a host of websites. Therefore, I assure you that if you follow whatever you read below to the letter, you will definitely win your SEO battle!
- Optimize your page titles and descriptions
In my career as an SEO expert, I have learnt that page titles and descriptions are highly essential, and the fact that they appear on top of this list is deliberate.
If you write attractive page titles and emotionally-charged Meta descriptions, rest assured that your search ranking tracker will record high traffic in no time, since users will be attracted to your site.
But merely writing them is not enough!
Let’s look at each of them.
Never at any one time write a page title simply because you have to. Remember, this is the part of your content that can attract readership. Therefore, make it as compelling as you can.
A well-optimized title that is capable of driving crazy traffic and help you record high rankings on your search ranking tracker should have the following characteristics.
- It should help the reader understand what the content is all about
- It should be descriptive and brief
- For maximum results, make sure that every page in your site has a unique page title.
Another trick I have used to get the best results on my best ranking tracker is ensuring that my homepage titles contain the name of my business, and including a few words on what it focuses on. Maybe you could try this for your site.
Remember, the attractiveness of your page title can have a considerable impact on the number of users who will read your content. As you make it accurate and descriptive, it is also prudent to ensure its uniqueness. Most importantly, each page title should contain your focus keyword!
The description is the text that gives your target market and search engines a hint of what your content is all about.
Depending on how you write your Meta description, Google might decide to use it as part of your content, or show it as a snippet in search results.
Here are some tips that can help you write a Meta description that can help you record success in your cheap ranking tracker;
- Write a unique Meta description for every page in your site
- Keep your Meta description brief. Reputable SEO tools such as Yoast SEO provide a maximum of 155 characters. Adhere to this limit!
- Never repeat the title in the Meta description
- Include your focus keyword, but don’t include too many keywords
- Don’t use your Meta description to provide information already on your page, instead, use it to advertise your page.
When you optimize your title and page titles, look at your best ranking tracker after a few days, and you will doubtlessly note some progress!
- Create SEO-friendly link structure
When you click on a site that ranks high on google search results, you will notice that the URL to the page contains the focus keyword, this means that the website owner has created an SEO-friendly URL for his site. This is a trick that can help you draw excellent analytic reports in your search ranking tracker. The good news is, it is something that you can do!
But creating SEO-friendly URLs is not all about including focus keywords in them. There is more than meets the eye. Below are some guidelines that will help you gain a competitive edge over your competitors as a beginner:
- Create simple URLs that can be understood by the search engine
- To separate words that make up the URL, use hyphens (-)
- Use your focus keyword, but don’t overstuff the URL with keywords
- Avoid inserting unnecessary information in your URL. Lengthy keywords can hurt your rankings!
A bad URL structure looks like this:
an excellent and SEO-friendly site looks like this:
- Have internal links in your website
Another simple SEO trick you can use to record the best ranking results in the best ranking tracker is to include internal links in your site.
When I talk about internal links, I am talking about those links that direct the reader to other pages within your site, and not those that direct them to other sites.
For example, I have previously written an article on 7 game-changing KPIs to monitor with your SEO tracker software. By clicking on the topic, you will be directed to the article.
Internal links are essential in SEO, but I have noticed that many people, including those that I have mentored often ignore them. To ensure that this trick yields to metrics on your cheap ranking tracker that shows you are achieving your business goals and objectives, follow the following rules:
- Ensure the links provide value to the user
- Don’t overstuff your content with links
- The articles you link to should be related to what you are writing about
For a fact, internal linking is not as easy as it sounds, but if you grasp its basics, your ranking tracker will record on-site SEO success sooner or later.
- Make use of H1, H2, and H3 TAGS
If you want your search ranking tracker to reveal that you are enjoying top rankings on Google, do some basic formatting before you click the publish button.
Below, I present some simple rules on how to format your page or post:
- H1 tags should be used in page titles
- H2 tags should be used in the page main sub-headings
- Use italics or Bold on these tags to attract attention
- Use a visible font size
- After using the tags, write short paragraphs below them
- Optimize all the images you use
One of the biggest mistakes that most website owners make, especially those that are new in the field of SEO like yourself is to use images in their content and not optimize them.
For a fact, using images improves user experience, but if you do not optimize them, they might lead to problems such as slow loading speed. This might lead to high bounce rates, and eventually, you will record low rankings on search engines in your cheap ranking tracker.
To optimize your images, follow the following rules:
- Describe the images using an Alt Text. This can be your focus keyword, but don’t overstuff it with keywords.
- Replace the original name of the image with your focus keywords, and separate words with dashes
- Use a dedicated folder to store your images
- Resize your images accordingly to enhance the page speed. The smaller the images you use, the better.
- Improve your page speed
For the results, you have been looking for in the best ranking tracker to be realized fast, improve your page speed.
If your page takes more than three seconds to load, prepare to record high bounce rates, which will eventually lead to low rankings in multiple search engines, and worse still, they will kill your morale!
Google has in several occasions announced that page speed is a ranking factor, but unfortunately, many webmasters, including those with a reputation fail to optimize their sites for speed.
When you make your site faster enough, I can assure you that you might rank better than some reputable brands as a newbie! This is good news!
Tech experts say that page speed as a ranking factor will become more important in some years to come; thus it is one of those SEO factors you should not take for granted if your ultimate goal is to succeed.
With a fast website, you will give your target audience a fantastic experience, and they will undoubtedly come back to your site if you provide the value they need.
A site that takes less than three seconds to load can:
- Acquire more conversions
- Rank better in Google and other search engines
- Annex more page visits per user
To optimize the page speed of your site:
- Delete plugins you don’t need
- Regularly check the speed of your site using google page speed, and act on the performance recommendations you get.
- Optimize the size of your images
In case you cannot detect the page speed issue on your site, consider seeking help from a professional web developer.
If you thought that SEO was like rocket science, you have not tried these techniques. Try them out alongside those that you already have, and I can assure you that your cheap ranking tracker will show that you are ranking on the first page of Google search results in due course.